Friday, December 6, 2013

Kids & ebooks ZINIO

On Black Friday, standing in line at Roots, I heard a couple ladies talking about gifts for kids and how 'books don't cut it any more'!  I bit my tongue, held my peace so to say, as after all, 'tis the season to be jolly!  I felt like saying, "Like, duh, get with it ladies, have you ever heard of ebooks and Zinio?"
Through Zinio, you can subscribe to hundreds of magazines for your ebooks, and many kids have ebooks and use them with ease.
I went on both the Cdn. & USA sites and found great reads for children/teens.  Some I have never heard of, but sound fantastic.  Such as:

Popular Mechanics DIY KIDS  12 great projects:  build your own balloon launcher/wind turbines
Kayak...Canada's History Magazine for Kids   This looks really great.  Easy and fun to read!
seventeen   Popular way back when, still popular now!
DOCTOR WHO ADVENTURES   For kids who are crazy about monsters & aliens. Bursting with beasts & brain-teasers!
How it works book of AMAZING ANIMALS  The kids I used to teach would have loved this!
American Girl, Teen Now, and so many, many more...

Zinio  This is the link to my site for the Zinio page.

Happy hunting!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment